Damn Good Biking

Damn Good Biking
Mammath Mountain

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

A Day of Rest 10-13-08

So now I am staying at a very beautiful location in Sepastobol, Northern California, the redwoods are towering above lush vegetative damp corridors, the weather is unseasonably fair, and while the rainy season progresses another season comes to a turn away from home, and my village in Africa.

Today was a good respite. Though Matt's land tenet is to say for a lack of a better word….Crazy? It can't spoil my determination to simply rest. It has been a taxing couple of weeks, we definitely hit some lows, the worst of worst about the mando, but you know the work takes my mind away from the challenges and increases my determination to stay the course.

If there is anything I have learned over all of my travels this year is that its not simple to take the road less traveled, the road carries baggage, and who cares about the destination, it’s the journey that means everything.

No comments: