Damn Good Biking

Damn Good Biking
Mammath Mountain

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

11-18-08 Woody was right!!

This land is your land,
This land is my land,
From California to the New York Islands...

We are currently driving through the San Joaquin Valley leaving behind the secularly spirited Bay Area towards the subcutaneous and smoggy Los Angeles region for more meetings to help progress the Farmer Veterans Coalition.

The passing view from our rented car provides a road side glimpse of one of the worlds most productive agricultural regions, plantations of apricots, plums, and peach tree's add a patchwork of life to a contrasting parched landscape of empty pastures and mountains.

For yet another night the sun is setting on a unfamiliar western horizon, and once again I hum quietly Woody's timeless lyrics.

As I was walking those ribbons of highways,
I saw beyond me those endless byways….

America really is a magical place.

In the span of a little more than two weeks I have been up, down and back to many of California's most influential agricultural spheres of influence and have met a variety of California's farmers.

Listed but not comprehensive of where I have been.

All over Sonoma County, Davis, Santa Cruz (3 times), Oakland, San Fran', Berkeley, Long Beach, San Diego, The Great Valley, Central Valley, San Joaquin Valley, Bolinas, Los Angeles, and Ontario.

By tomorrow night I'll be sleeping on the beach south of Ensenada, Baja Mexico.

Every day a learning experience, every place arrived another agricultural lesson.

If only seeing was enough...

No comments: