Damn Good Biking

Damn Good Biking
Mammath Mountain

Friday, February 13, 2009

Yankee Doodle Has A New Feather in His Cap

Today was the first day for the rest of the year for me.

These were my thoughts holding a pair of pruning shears, a well known well worn institution of hand tools. Felco's, I'm going to either love or hate the son of a bitches.

I started a new job at a vineyard called Keswick Vineyards near Charlottesville Virginia. They took six Virginia Wine Governor Cups last year.

Speaking with My grandma today, I spoke with her about my work, and mindlessly spoke "Grandma, a farmer needs more than know how to only raise hogs, or plant a row of beans." She comes from a long line of life long farmers.
(not taking away from their noble work **pig-bean farmers**)

But I was relating this more towards a much more needed trend in agriculture where farmers are needed desperately to diversify talents, learn new techniques, and broaden the production of farms into a poly-cultured landscapes.

Until I leave for Santa Cruz in April, my duty will be to prune twenty acres of gnarly vines in a vineyard, learn production, and hopefully establish a place to send veterans to for the Farmer Veterans Coalition.

Twenty Acres. By hand.

Fun, Sun, and weather from here on out.

Just like my farm in Niger.
Many Blessings to my village in Niger, The Noble Dan Saga,they prepared me well.

Nazifi.
(My name in Niger/My alter farmer ego)

No comments: