Damn Good Biking

Damn Good Biking
Mammath Mountain

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Wowsers the world is getting smaller

This is incredible, right now I am sitting at the dining room table and watching the Beijing Olympics on my computer both through live streaming and recorded events. It really is remarkable this whole communications technology age, since returning home I have discovered You tube. Youtube was up and going before I left sure, but since all things are usually a couple years old before I get wind of them it makes it even more enjoyable.

Since discovering these mediums I have used them as a wonderful resource to view a range of topics and beautiful things such as musicians performing to staying informed on current world events such as watching actual footage from the Iraq war as well as the terrible developments of the Geogrian-Russian war.

I apologize for not blogging more already about my trip as promised but tonight I'll bear down and hammer out another entry.

Being overwhelmed by how much more connected our planet is becoming connected it reminds me of a firm belief that we are all connected to one another. There is nothing worse then having to hear from someone balk "ah who cares if it happens on the other side of the world, it doesn't affect me" but AH CONTRAIRE MONFRAIRE, it does.

okay that's it, I"m just feeling so awed by all the new developments of human communications and feel strongly that as these types of networks continue to expand we are only going to learn more and more about each other, whether it be how terrible or beautiful we can recreate a song, or how devestating a war can be from actual footage instead of receiving it filtered through the powers that be whom wish to sheild us away from the terrible realities of conflict.

So I urge you if your not traveling, or activily learning more about the world on a regular basis take the time and see what's going on, believe me EVERYTHING is connected and it does effect you.

my soap box'n is done. Time to watch Nigeria and Japan Soccer!!

ahem... go USA! "

No comments: