Damn Good Biking

Damn Good Biking
Mammath Mountain

Sunday, July 20, 2008

where in the world

Indeed. Where in the world?

Hi guys in Tacoma Park Maryland (DC Area) with some fellow wayfarers who drifted back early from the blistering climate of Niger.

Just chillin.

Tuesday I spread my wings and fly to Oakland then later to the northern side of sunny california where a multitude of tasks will burden my load as I drift about and visit UC Santa Cruz for a horticulture program, meeting my good friend cecilia from old mexico in SF, and catching up with our long lost militantly sloppy farmer Matt Mccue "the iraq soldier guy"

Getting into the stretch of this last inning in the DC area I have been enjoying myself thouroghly. Its been interesting new territory, but none the less I'm strumm'n like a fat cat wandering between the many worlds crossed between on this terribly fascinating trip home.

So I have started writing and working in my mind what to journal from this trip so have patience. Its been terribly exciting.

Don't want to give it away but its been one magic sack full of handling spells and meeting monsters of all shapes and sizes, many of which can carry a tune pretty darn well too!

Start expecting stuff about the first of the month I should have some things set up by then after I return from Cali'forn'i'a.

be well and remember to check all hammock straps to prevent falling, you never know what kind of trip might become of it.

Peacefully trodding.

Joshua.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Josh:

I am in a quiet house with a sleeping boy and his Poppy in the next room, and just read lots of blog posts of yours. You are exactly as unique as I hoped you would be: a writer with his own voice—a voice comes from spending time being with yourself.

Congratulations on your engagement to the Future Mrs. Anderson. Hope she has a better time being a Mrs. Anderson than my poor mama did.

: D

And also, I am so glad you are ambulatory. You walked, I thought, with integrity—not like everybody else in the world. Odd thing, walking. Someone told me once long ago that, back before there were cars, and people in the middle of the country walked all day to a social, and all night back, that you could tell a man's walk when he was just a speck on the horizon.

We've lost something to homogeneity (is that a word? I am so tired after all the prep from the beach party tonight) in our modern world.

If your friend, Matthew, is around here, get in touch. I am due to visit up there sometime.

I loved meeting you: and that has a lot to do with your carriage and good manners. A real handshake goes such a long way with me. Your parents should be proud.

Sending blessings and more from starry Soquel.

Tana Butler